Brussels sprouts gratin with bacon, cream and almonds
You won't hear any protests at this sprouts dish - almonds, double cream, bacon and parmesan make for a luscious accompaniment for traditional turkey. By Sophie Grigson
- 900g/2lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 20g/¾oz butter
- 4 tsp sunflower oil
- 150g/5oz bacon lardons (or rindless back bacon, cut into short fat strips)
- 20g/¾oz flaked/diced almonds
- 400ml/14fl oz double cream
- 2½ tsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cashew-crusted salmon with bok choy
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dry-roasted cashews
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch bok choy, rinsed well and chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush honey mustard all over salmon. Season both sides of salmon with onion flakes and black pepper. Place cashews in a shallow dish, add four of the salmon fillets and turn to coat.
- Place all salmon fillets in hot skillet and cook 3 minutes per side, until fork-tender.
- Heat remaining olive oil in separate large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add bok choy and cook 2 minutes, until greens wilt but stalks are still crisp-tender. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Serve the cashew-crusted salmon with this meal and reserve 2 uncrusted fillets for another meal.