Air-Fryer Pecan Chicken Sliders:
- 900g/2lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed12 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 dashes hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- Cooking spray
- BOURBON BERRY JAM:
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 package (16 ounces) tri-color coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- Preheat air fryer to 375°
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; cut each thigh in half. Place pecans in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, whisk together egg, milk, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with pecans. In batches, arrange chicken in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray.
- Cook until golden brown, turning once, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine jam ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thick, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; crush berries to desired consistency.
- For slaw, in a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, sugar and lime juice. To assemble, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon jam onto bottom of each roll. Layer with hot chicken and slaw; replace tops.
Brussels sprouts gratin with bacon, cream and almonds
You won't hear any protests at this sprouts dish - almonds, double cream, bacon and parmesan make for a luscious accompaniment for traditional turkey. By Sophie Grigson
- 900g/2lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 20g/¾oz butter
- 4 tsp sunflower oil
- 150g/5oz bacon lardons (or rindless back bacon, cut into short fat strips)
- 20g/¾oz flaked/diced almonds
- 400ml/14fl oz double cream
- 2½ tsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cashew-crusted salmon with bok choy
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dry-roasted cashews
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch bok choy, rinsed well and chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush honey mustard all over salmon. Season both sides of salmon with onion flakes and black pepper. Place cashews in a shallow dish, add four of the salmon fillets and turn to coat.
- Place all salmon fillets in hot skillet and cook 3 minutes per side, until fork-tender.
- Heat remaining olive oil in separate large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add bok choy and cook 2 minutes, until greens wilt but stalks are still crisp-tender. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Serve the cashew-crusted salmon with this meal and reserve 2 uncrusted fillets for another meal.